Police in East Lothian are appealing for the public’s help to trace a man reported missing from Musselburgh.
Cheshire Constabulary: Appeal after boy assaulted by a man in Poynton
Police investigating an assault in Poynton are appealing for information and footage from members of the public.
Between 8.30pm and 8.50pm on Sunday 28 April a group of three children were accosted by a stranger as they pushed a trolley containing shopping along Chester Road.
The man grabbed one of the children before pushing the trolley into another one of them.
The trolley was pushed with such force that it left the 13-year-old boy from Poynton with a serious hand injury that required hospital treatment.
The man is described as white, aged approximately 25 to 30 years old and around 6’ tall.
He had a slim build and was riding a red bicycle.
The man was wearing a blue helmet and grey baggy jeans and he was carrying a red Manchester United bag.
Enquiries in relation to the incident are ongoing and officers are urging anyone who was in the area and saw what happened, or anything else that may aid the investigation, to get in touch.
They also want to speak to anyone who believes they may know who the man is or have CCTV or dashcam footage of him.
Police Constable Paul Jacklin said: “This was a frightening incident that understandably left the children extremely shaken up.
“It has also left one of them with a serious hand injury that required hospital treatment.
“I would like to reassure residents that this is believed to have been an isolated incident and we are doing everything we can to find out who the man is and make him face the consequences of his actions.
“As part of our investigation we are appealing for anyone who was in the Chester Road area of Poynton and witnessed the incident, or believes they saw the man, to come forward.
“The same goes for anyone who recognises the description of the man and thinks they may know who he is.
“We also want to hear from anyone who believes they may have CCTV or dashcam footage of him.
“We particularly want to speak to the people in vehicles who stopped to assist the children.
“I would also like to appeal directly to the man to get in touch.”
Anyone with information or CCTV footage that may help the ongoing investigation should call Cheshire Constabulary on 101, quoting IML 387073, give the details via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Dashcam footage can be submitted online at www.cheshire.police.uk/advice-and-support/roads-and-vehicle-safety/submit-dashcam-footage.
Recently Updated Missing Persons
Missing Person Appeal - Jasbid Kalay aged 42.Last seen driving a black Vauxhall insignia at 01:15 23rd June in the Armley Area of Leeds.
Missing from Romford, last seen 9am, 22nd June.
Can you help POLICE find 70-year-old Calbert Senior who is missing from his home in the Brixton area?
Can you help POLICE find missing 14-year-old Tatiyanna Thomas?
POLICE are appealing for help to trace Kelvin Franklin, 17, who has been missing from his home in Tranmere, Wirral since last week.
- Essex Police Appeal: Have you seen this distinctive jewellery
- Cheshire Constabulary: Appeal after boy assaulted by a man in Poynton
- Appeal from Essex Police: following a serious collision on #A120 near Great Bromley
- LEEDS: Do you recognise this woman? Wanted for theft
- Anniversary appeal to catch killer of Wolverhampton teenager
- Essex Police Appeal: John Palmer Murder - Up to £100,000 reward offered for information
- Thames Valley Police: Appeal for witnesses following a rape in Oxford.
- Mansfield Police Appeal: Do you recognise these women?
- Lancashire Constabulary Appeal: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
- Essex Police Appeal for witnesses after reported assault in the New Town area of Colchester.
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
- THAMES VALLEY POLICE: Appeal for information to trace absconder Jason Sufi from HMP Springhill
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
- Avon and Somerset Police Appeal: Off-duty officer assaulted after intervening in disturbance
- West Yorkshire Police: Appeal: Assault, Outside Maggie's Bar, Commercial Street in Halifax
- Halton Brook Police - Appeal for information after Kyujutsu Archery Center Burglary in Castlefields
- Lancaster Police: APPEAL following theft at jewellers, Church St, Lancaster
- WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE: Appeal Over Adbuction Of 12-Year-Old Girl In Leeds
- Surrey Police: Appeal for information following sexual assault in Reigate
- Police Scotland appeal following fatal crash on Inverness to Forres road near Brodie