Please help the Metropolitan Police locate vulnerable missing person Molly Dunnett who is missing from Norfolk.
Lancashire Constabulary Appeal: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
UPDATE: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
Detectives investigating the murder of a teenager in Parbold are appealing for dashcam footage from motorists.
Police were called around 5.25pm on Wednesday, May 1, after a body was found in a wooded area off Parbold Hill.
While formal identification has yet to be carried out, the body is believed to be that of Alex Davies, 18, from Skelmersdale.
Yesterday (Friday, May 3) detectives arrested a 17-year-old boy on suspicion of murder. He is currently in custody.
Detectives are continuing their investigation and are keen to speak to anyone with dashboard mounted camera footage from the Parbold Hill area.
Officers want footage from motorists of any cyclists, particularly those riding mountain bikes, between 1pm and 5.30pm on Monday, April 29.
Detectice Chief Inspector Geoff Hurst, of Lancashire Police’s Force Major Investigation Team, said: “We recognise the impact this investigation has had in the Parbold area and would like to offer our reassurance that Lancashire Police is putting all its resources into finding the person responsible for Alex’s murder.
“Everything which can be done will be done. We are working with partners and the community to find out what has happened.
“While we have made an arrest, we continue to appeal for information. This includes asking for dashcam footage from motorists, particularly any footage of cyclists on mountain bikes, between 1pm and 5.30pm on April 29, in the Parbold Hill area.
“We know a number of motorists, as well as taxi drivers and bus companies, use this route. Do you recall seeing any cyclists in the area during the times mentioned? If you have any footage, please come forward.”
Mr Davies was reported missing from home on April 30 but the last confirmed sighting is at about 2pm on Monday, April 29, on Station Road in Parbold, near to the railway bridge.
A post mortem examination has been carried out and the cause of death has been established but for operational reasons we cannot disclose this at this time.
Police are carrying out a number of enquiries to trace Alex’s movements from the time he went missing to the time his body was found.
Detective Chief Inspector Hurst added: “This is a truly shocking murder of a young man and my thoughts remain with his family and friends at this desperately sad time.
“Alex was a much loved son and brother and his family is devastated by what has happened.
“I would appeal to anyone with information which could assist our investigation to come forward.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log reference 0460 of May 3 or independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
If you have any dashcam footage which can assist with our investigation, please go to www.doitonline.lancashire.police.uk and click ‘Report a Crime or Incident’.
Alternatively you can submit information through the major crime web portal at https://mipp.police.uk/operation/0401020119S01-PO1
Recently Updated Missing Persons
Missing Person John Connelly - Officers are looking to trace John who has been reported missing.
Missing - 15-yr-old Dillon Day, described as white, slim build, blonde hair styled in a swept back style, last seen wearing black trousers & a white shirt.
KELLYCIA LAMVU is missing from Islington
Peter BROWN has been missing from Scarborough since early June 2019
Edele Tipping, 40, has been missing from the Abersoch area since 26/6/19.
- Essex Police Appeal: Have you seen this distinctive jewellery
- Cheshire Constabulary: Appeal after boy assaulted by a man in Poynton
- Appeal from Essex Police: following a serious collision on #A120 near Great Bromley
- LEEDS: Do you recognise this woman? Wanted for theft
- Anniversary appeal to catch killer of Wolverhampton teenager
- Essex Police Appeal: John Palmer Murder - Up to £100,000 reward offered for information
- Thames Valley Police: Appeal for witnesses following a rape in Oxford.
- Mansfield Police Appeal: Do you recognise these women?
- Lancashire Constabulary Appeal: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
- Essex Police Appeal for witnesses after reported assault in the New Town area of Colchester.
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
- THAMES VALLEY POLICE: Appeal for information to trace absconder Jason Sufi from HMP Springhill
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
- Avon and Somerset Police Appeal: Off-duty officer assaulted after intervening in disturbance
- West Yorkshire Police: Appeal: Assault, Outside Maggie's Bar, Commercial Street in Halifax
- Halton Brook Police - Appeal for information after Kyujutsu Archery Center Burglary in Castlefields
- Lancaster Police: APPEAL following theft at jewellers, Church St, Lancaster
- WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE: Appeal Over Adbuction Of 12-Year-Old Girl In Leeds
- Surrey Police: Appeal for information following sexual assault in Reigate
- Police Scotland appeal following fatal crash on Inverness to Forres road near Brodie