Please help the Metropolitan Police locate vulnerable missing person Molly Dunnett who is missing from Norfolk.
Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
Detectives are appealing for information after a series of aggravated burglaries in Enfield.
In all the offences, which were carried out in April, family gold was stolen and cleaning fluid was used to destroy forensic evidence.
The first burglary took place on Thursday, 11 April, shortly after midnight, when five masked men forced entry into a premises in Dimsdale Drive.
The men, who were armed with screwdrivers and a crowbar, stole cash, jewellery and mobile phones. Before leaving the premises the suspects sprayed a liquid cleaning product on the floor and door handles, in an apparent attempt to destroy any potential forensic evidence.
The second offence took place on Saturday, 27 April, shortly after 22.00hrs when six white men entered the kitchen area of a property in Hedge Lane. One of the suspects was armed with a crowbar and threatened the occupants, a couple in their 60s.
A quantity of jewellery, including gold Indian Bangles, a pair of diamond earrings and a gold chain were stolen from the address. Prior to leaving, one of the suspects sprayed a cleaning fluid on internal doors and floors.
The third offence took place at an address in South Street on Monday, 29 April, shortly after 17.10hrs. A 61-year-old woman was alone at home when a white man knocked on her door and claimed he needed to fix the sink. At that point, two further white men appeared who forced their way inside. They threatened the victim with a screwdriver and stole jewellery, which included bangles worth several thousand pounds. Prior to leaving the premises, a cleaning fluid or bleach has been sprayed.
The final offence occurred at Great Cambridge Road, shortly after 17.00hrs when four men, wearing bandanas covering their faces, forced their way into the address.
One of the suspects produced a screwdriver and the victims were pushed to the floor. The suspects then searched the property and stole a quantity of cash.
As the suspects left the premises they poured cleaning fluid onto the victims, some of which went into the eyes of the female occupant. She did not require hospital treatment. The suspects left in a black Mercedes car.
The suspects in all the burglaries are described as white with Irish accents.
There have been no arrests
Detective Inspector Paul Ridley from North Area, who is leading the investigation, said: “These are very frightening attacks against people of all ages who were confronted in their homes by a group of armed men. They have stolen a large quantity of property from the victims and were not afraid to use violence.
"We need to catch the culprits. If you were passing the area or perhaps in traffic nearby and saw anything suspicious, we would like to hear from you.
"I would urge any members of the public to come forward as well as anyone who may have recently been offered gold jewellery for sale. I can reassure residents that there will be enhanced patrols from plain clothes and uniformed officers in the vicinity of the offences and the officers in my investigation team will be making concerted efforts to seek witnesses, robustly pursue any forensic opportunities from within the scene and apprehend those responsible.
“All of these burglaries targeted high value gold and I would strongly recommend that residents review their home security in line with the burglary prevention advice which has been issued by the Metropolitan Police Service.”
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is urged to contact North Area CID via 101 quoting Operation Panamera, or by tweeting @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
The latest advice on how to keep your home safe from burglars can be found here
Recently Updated Missing Persons
Missing Person John Connelly - Officers are looking to trace John who has been reported missing.
Missing - 15-yr-old Dillon Day, described as white, slim build, blonde hair styled in a swept back style, last seen wearing black trousers & a white shirt.
KELLYCIA LAMVU is missing from Islington
Peter BROWN has been missing from Scarborough since early June 2019
Edele Tipping, 40, has been missing from the Abersoch area since 26/6/19.
- Essex Police Appeal: Have you seen this distinctive jewellery
- Cheshire Constabulary: Appeal after boy assaulted by a man in Poynton
- Appeal from Essex Police: following a serious collision on #A120 near Great Bromley
- LEEDS: Do you recognise this woman? Wanted for theft
- Anniversary appeal to catch killer of Wolverhampton teenager
- Essex Police Appeal: John Palmer Murder - Up to £100,000 reward offered for information
- Thames Valley Police: Appeal for witnesses following a rape in Oxford.
- Mansfield Police Appeal: Do you recognise these women?
- Lancashire Constabulary Appeal: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
- Essex Police Appeal for witnesses after reported assault in the New Town area of Colchester.
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
- THAMES VALLEY POLICE: Appeal for information to trace absconder Jason Sufi from HMP Springhill
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
- Avon and Somerset Police Appeal: Off-duty officer assaulted after intervening in disturbance
- West Yorkshire Police: Appeal: Assault, Outside Maggie's Bar, Commercial Street in Halifax
- Halton Brook Police - Appeal for information after Kyujutsu Archery Center Burglary in Castlefields
- Lancaster Police: APPEAL following theft at jewellers, Church St, Lancaster
- WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE: Appeal Over Adbuction Of 12-Year-Old Girl In Leeds
- Surrey Police: Appeal for information following sexual assault in Reigate
- Police Scotland appeal following fatal crash on Inverness to Forres road near Brodie