Please help the Metropolitan Police locate vulnerable missing person Molly Dunnett who is missing from Norfolk.
Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
UPDATE: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
May 01, 2019 13:50 BST
Detectives investigating the discovery of two bodies at an address in Canning Town are appealing for help to build a picture of activity at the premises.
The bodies of two women were found inside a freezer at a flat in Vandome Close, E16.
Police were called at 11:45hrs on Friday, 26 April to the address following concerns for the welfare of a male occupant.
Local officers subsequently gained entry and made the discovery.
Detectives continue to work to carry out formal identification of the victims and trace next of kin.
Post-mortem examinations are due to begin on Friday, 3 May but are likely to take several days to conclude.
On Tuesday, 30 April, a 34-year-old man [B] was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken into custody, where he remains.
A 50-year-old man [A] arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday, 29 April, has been released under investigation.
An incident room is open at the Homicide and Major Crime Command under Detective Chief Inspector Simon Harding. DCI Harding said: “I have encountered many crime scenes over 28 years and this one of the most challenging and complex to deal with.
“At the heart of this investigation are two women who were found inside this address and my primary focus is to identify them and inform their families. I can assure you that we are doing this as fast as is possible given the circumstances using a number of approved methods as part of formal identification processes. It is so important for these women’s families that we are 100 per cent sure who the victims are before we name them and I would respectfully ask that people refrain from speculation and attempts to confirm their identities while this work is ongoing – this is not helpful and accentuates an already distressing situation.
“The post-mortem examinations are scheduled to begin on Friday, 3 May but it is unlikely we will get a cause of death and a clearer picture of how these women died for some days given the challenging conditions in which they were found.
“I have a full homicide team working day and night on this case and we are continuing work to build up a comprehensive picture of activity that took place at this address in Vandome Close.
“We know it is a property that various people used to stay at, transient members of the community who moved from address to address. It is also linked to drug activity. It is too early to say whether either of our victims had a similar lifestyle and again I would ask people to be respectful and not speculate.
“I would appeal to anyone who has visited this address over the last year, or has information about people who frequented the property to come forward and speak to my team. I am aware that casts a wide net in terms of my appeal but we do need to build up an accurate picture of life at that flat and what occurred there.”
Anyone who can help is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205, via @MetCC or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
Recently Updated Missing Persons
Missing Person John Connelly - Officers are looking to trace John who has been reported missing.
Missing - 15-yr-old Dillon Day, described as white, slim build, blonde hair styled in a swept back style, last seen wearing black trousers & a white shirt.
KELLYCIA LAMVU is missing from Islington
Peter BROWN has been missing from Scarborough since early June 2019
Edele Tipping, 40, has been missing from the Abersoch area since 26/6/19.
- Essex Police Appeal: Have you seen this distinctive jewellery
- Cheshire Constabulary: Appeal after boy assaulted by a man in Poynton
- Appeal from Essex Police: following a serious collision on #A120 near Great Bromley
- LEEDS: Do you recognise this woman? Wanted for theft
- Anniversary appeal to catch killer of Wolverhampton teenager
- Essex Police Appeal: John Palmer Murder - Up to £100,000 reward offered for information
- Thames Valley Police: Appeal for witnesses following a rape in Oxford.
- Mansfield Police Appeal: Do you recognise these women?
- Lancashire Constabulary Appeal: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
- Essex Police Appeal for witnesses after reported assault in the New Town area of Colchester.
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
- THAMES VALLEY POLICE: Appeal for information to trace absconder Jason Sufi from HMP Springhill
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
- Avon and Somerset Police Appeal: Off-duty officer assaulted after intervening in disturbance
- West Yorkshire Police: Appeal: Assault, Outside Maggie's Bar, Commercial Street in Halifax
- Halton Brook Police - Appeal for information after Kyujutsu Archery Center Burglary in Castlefields
- Lancaster Police: APPEAL following theft at jewellers, Church St, Lancaster
- WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE: Appeal Over Adbuction Of 12-Year-Old Girl In Leeds
- Surrey Police: Appeal for information following sexual assault in Reigate
- Police Scotland appeal following fatal crash on Inverness to Forres road near Brodie