Have you seen Regina Goop? She is vulnerable & missing from Stoke Newington #N16 since approx 7pm.
WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE: Appeal Over Adbuction Of 12-Year-Old Girl In Leeds
WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE APPEAL
Detectives have released footage and images of a man they want to identify over the abduction of a 12-year-old girl in Leeds.
The victim was on her way to school walking in Old Run Road, Hunslet, at about 9.15am on Tuesday, April 23, when she was approached by a man near to the M621 flyover.
He grabbed her around the waist and picked her up and carried her across the road towards a secluded wooded area behind an electricity substation.
He ran off after the girl fought back and he was also disturbed by a woman passer-by who contacted the police.
He was described as white, medium height and build, with short dark hair and a beard. He was wearing a blue hoody, black t-shirt and beige trousers with black stripes down each leg.
Detective Inspector James Entwistle, of Leeds District CID, said: “The circumstances of this incident are clearly very disturbing and we urgently need to identify the man shown in these images.
“The woman who intervened was able to film him on her phone as he ran off across a nearby park off Moor Road and we also have CCTV footage of him in the area which we are releasing.
“We believe the man is quite identifiable from these images and we would like to hear from anyone who recognises him or who has seen him in the area.
“The victim and her family have been left shocked and upset by what happened and we are continuing to support them as we progress the investigation.
“We recognise the understandable concern that an incident such as this will be causing in the community and we are continuing to work closely with our colleagues in the local neighbourhood policing team to reassure people.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Leeds District CID via 101 quoting crime reference 13190207155 or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
VIEW APPEAL ON WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE WEBSITE
Recently Updated Missing Persons
Appeal for help in tracing missing man Roy Morris – Chalfont St Peter
MISSING PERSON: James Logan alias James Higgins, 50, missing since 1700 hours on 20th May 2019.
Jasmine Arrol (22) was last seen at approximately 0845hrs on Wednesday 22nd May 2019 in the Neilston Road area of Paisley.
Dannial Wynn, 13yrs is currently missing from the Upton area of Pontefract.
Adam Stanmore, who is 37, was last seen on Saturday 18 May at 10.49pm in Horspath Road in Oxford and was reported missing to the force on Wednesday (22/5).
- Essex Police Appeal: John Palmer Murder - Up to £100,000 reward offered for information
- Thames Valley Police: Appeal for witnesses following a rape in Oxford.
- Mansfield Police Appeal: Do you recognise these women?
- Lancashire Constabulary Appeal: Detectives continue Parbold murder investigation
- Essex Police Appeal for witnesses after reported assault in the New Town area of Colchester.
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information after series of burglaries in Enfield
- THAMES VALLEY POLICE: Appeal for information to trace absconder Jason Sufi from HMP Springhill
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal for information continues following murder of two women in Canning Town
- Avon and Somerset Police Appeal: Off-duty officer assaulted after intervening in disturbance
- West Yorkshire Police: Appeal: Assault, Outside Maggie's Bar, Commercial Street in Halifax
- Halton Brook Police - Appeal for information after Kyujutsu Archery Center Burglary in Castlefields
- Lancaster Police: APPEAL following theft at jewellers, Church St, Lancaster
- WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE: Appeal Over Adbuction Of 12-Year-Old Girl In Leeds
- Surrey Police: Appeal for information following sexual assault in Reigate
- Police Scotland appeal following fatal crash on Inverness to Forres road near Brodie
- Warwickshire Police: Appeal after two attempted robberies
- Metropolitan Police: Appeal following raid at Sloane Street jewellers
- West Midlands Police appeal for information following fatal Aston collision
- Metropolitan Police: STABBING: Murder investigation launched in Harlesden
- Coventry Police: Appeal after teenagers racially abused and assaulted at knifepoint